- Duration: 16 weeks
This live online training course is offered by a collaboration of Minnesota State colleges.
Pharmacy Technician Training is a 16-week non-credit program designed to prepare students to take the Pharmacy Technician Certification Test. The coursework will integrate pharmacy principles and practices in an online self-paced environment with live online instruction in a virtual classroom and a 144-hour documented internship at the student’s place of employment.
During the 16-week program period, participants will have 24/7 access to coursework in a self-paced online learning platform. Live virtual class meetings will be scheduled after the course begins, based on student availability. Internships can be completed locally anytime between June 1 – September 15, 2020 and will be monitored by the program instructor.
- Understand the basic concepts of pharmacy principles and practices
- Apply the concepts and principles learned throughout the Pharmacy Technician program to real-life work scenarios
About The Instructor:
Jason Turner is an experienced staff pharmacist with a demonstrated history of working in the pharmaceuticals industry. He has served as a Pharmacy Technology Instructor since 2015, educating pharmacy technicians to pass PTCB certification exams and to be sought after employees from day one.
- Must be currently employed by a pharmacy
- Must be 18 years of age or older to sit for the exam
- Required Textbook: Mosby’s Pharmacy Technician and Principles
- High-speed internet
- Computer or Video Conferencing System with Webcam and Microphone
You must use a webcam and microphone to engage and interact in the live virtual classes. Please keep your microphone muted when you are not participating in class discussion.