- Duration: 10 days
ANOKA-RAMSEY COMMUNITY COLLEGE WILL HOLD A LEADERSHIP ACADEMY SERIES—THE LEADER WITHIN
BEGINNING IN FEBRUARY 2021!
Leadership Academy Series:
The Leader Within
This academy builds on the Discover Your Potential Academy in that you will be applying your own leadership skills to lead others to be successful through coaching and mentorship.
Leadership Academy is designed to provide leadership opportunity for career-focused individuals and refine skills which are applicable to their own unique environment. This year, Leadership Academy will explore the fundamentals of Leadership Foundations. Participants will discuss ways of growing in leadership capacity and personalize future goals. Each session offers professional development and goal identification that fits within personal leadership plans.
The program will focus on content that is relevant to the current local workforce; enhancement of critical thinking and problem-solving that help to meet the challenges of our changing and complex world.
“I use this leadership academy as my references as to how to manage my people now. All of my HR books have been put away.” – Shalonda Gordon, Stepping Stone
- Social Networking Opportunities
- Online Platform Available
February 5th | 8:30 AM – 12 PM | Opening Kick-Off and Servant Leadership with Mary Kay McVey
- Principles of a servant leadership.
- Leading and influencing without authority.
- Leadership Projects: Participants will be asked to lead a community project to showcase on the last day of the academy.
February 12th | 8:30 AM – 12 PM | Mental Fitness Using the Neuroscience Gym Part 1 – With Christine Ripley
- Develop awareness of internal barriers to mental fitness and key messaging.
- Learn embodiment technics that can be used in any situation.
February 19th | 8:30 AM – 12 PM | Mental Fitness Using the Neuroscience Gym Part 2 – With Christine Ripley
- How to find the gift and strength within your saboteur.
- Strengthen your sage.
- Create framework for sustainable change.
- Recommend use of one of two coaching sessions between mental fitness course and five dimensions.
March 5th | 8:30 AM – 12 PM | Stress Management and Reduction with Dr. Mike Kiefer
- Feng Shui for your home and office.
- Positives to stay connected to/negatives to avoid.
- Mental mindset, fun activities and your health.
March 12th | 8:30 AM – 12 PM | Virtual Meeting Etiquette with Mary Kay McVey
- Learn about the art of communication.
- Learn how to create ground rules for each virtual meeting.
- Learn how to run an effective and efficient meeting.
- Make Microsoft Teams and Outlook work for you.
March 19th | 8:30 AM – 12 PM |Five Dimensions of Co-Active Leadership with Christine Ripley
- Develop understanding of the coaching model for leaders.
- Finding your leader within story.
- Application for leading from behind, beside, in front and within.
April 2nd | 8:30 AM – 12 PM |Work Ethic and Personal Responsibility with Dr. Mike Kiefer
- 20 Common work ethic offenses.
- Methods for Inspiring strong work ethic.
- Screening new hires for work ethic.
April 9th | 8:30 AM – 12 PM | Getting to the Root of it with Christine Ripley
- Create personal template for root research.
- “Yes AND” the gift of true brainstorming – leaders eat last.
- Take action on key item.
April 16th | 8:30 AM – 12 PM | Mind Mapping for Creative Problem Solving and Critical Decision Making Skills with Dr. Mike Kiefer
- Using mind maps for creative problem solving.
- Using a ten point checklist for decision making.
- Right brain/left brain creativity.
April 30th | 8:30 AM -12 PM | Presentation of Projects & Graduation – Mary Kay McVey, Christine Ripley, Dr. Mike Kiefer
Graduation Speakers: Chamber president and local organization leaders
- Presentation of Projects.
- Celebrate Success! Graduation ceremony – presentation of certificates by chamber president and project mentors.
“Well worth it. As many leadership trainings I have attended, I always take away nuggets that will help better me as a person.” – Tony Ingraffia, nVent
THE INSTRUCTOR TEAM:
|Mary Kay McVey is a Ph.D. Candidate in Organizational Development and Leadership specializing in leadership and lean principles.||Dr. Mike Monroe Kiefer has a Ph.D. in psychology, is the author of 10 books and has been a professional speaker since 1996.||Christine Ripley is a Certified Coach with expertise in leadership and Positive Intelligences, drawing from her 25+ years of Human Resources and training experience.|
“I am thankful to participate in the leadership academy. I liked learning about myself. I have changed how I do my one-on-ones with my team based on the information I learned from these classes.” – Amy Staton, nVent
THIRD PARTY REGISTRATION:
Heidi Braun, Director of Training