- Duration: 8 weeks
This live online training course is offered by a collaboration of Minnesota State colleges.
Manufacturing Processes & Production is an 8-week virtual training that emphasizes Just-In-Time (JIT) manufacturing principles, basic supply chain management, communication skills, and customer service. This course is designed to align with the Manufacturing Skill Standards Council’s (MSSC) assessment and certification system for Manufacturing Processes.
- Identify customer needs
- Determine resources available for production process
- Set up equipment for the production process
- Set team production goals
- Make job assignments
- Coordinate work flow with team and other work groups
- Communicate production and material requirement and product specifications
- Perform and monitor the process to make the product
This course meets live each week in a virtual classroom using video conferencing technology where the instructor and students can all see and hear each other. In addition, assignments and course content will be provided to students in an online learning management portal (D2L) to complete outside of the live class times.
About the Instructor:
Jerry Musielewicz is an adjunct instructor and curriculum developer for Minnesota State colleges, an authorized OSHA 10 and 30 hour instructor, and a certified MSSC instructor. Jerry is a former engineering manager with extensive knowledge in the manufacturing industry. He has taught Live Online courses for over 4 years, including safety, print reading, maintenance awareness, technical math, manufacturing production and processes, and quality practices.
Bring to Class:
Click here to download the Student Manual. This manual contains important information on how to access your live virtual classroom, textbooks and materials you will need for class, and other pertinent information that you should review prior to the first class. Virtual classroom connection information will be emailed to each student approximately 7 – 10 days prior to the course start date.
- High-speed internet
- Computer or Video Conferencing System with Webcam and Microphone (built-in or external)
- Required subscription: Tooling U, $99 for a 1 year subscription per student
- Optional Textbook: High-Performance Manufacturing, Edition 1, McGraw-Hill Education, ISBN: 0078614872