- Duration: 10 hours
This live online training course is offered by a collaboration of Minnesota State colleges.
OSHA 10-Hour General Industry provides ten hours of live virtual training to entry-level workers and employers on the recognition, avoidance, abatement, and prevention of safety and health hazards in workplaces in general industry. Become more knowledgeable about workplace hazards and your rights, and earn an OSHA 10-Hour General Industry wallet card from the OSHA Training Institute (OTI).
Ten hours of mandatory and optional topics will be covered.
- Develop a safety mindset
- Learn valuable skills for the future
- Know your worker rights
- Understand employer responsibilities
- Learn how to file a complaint
- Earn a wallet card from the OSHA Training Institute (OTI)
- Become more employable
- Gain a competitive edge in the job market
About the Instructors:
Terry Meschke is a Workplace Safety Consultant in OSHA at the Center for Business & Industry. He is certified as an Associate Safety Professional and Certified Instructional Trainer. Robert Weston and Terry Weston are Workplace Safety Consultants in OSHA/MSHA. They are both Certified Safety Professionals, Certified Mine Safety Professionals, and Certified Instructional Trainers.
- Students must receive training in a classroom, auditorium or conference room setting, and will be required to report their training site details.
- A proctor must be present at each training location. The proctor will monitor consistent student attendance, and collect daily student sign-in sheets. The proctor’s printed first and last name, and signature must appear on the sign-in sheets.
- High-speed internet
- Computer or Video Conferencing System with Webcam and Microphone
You must use a webcam and microphone to engage and interact in the live virtual classes. Please keep your microphone muted when you are not participating in class discussion.