|Register for this Course|
Tactical Emergency Casualty Care (TECC)
The course presents the three phases of tactical care and integrates parallel EMS nomenclature:
- Hot Zone/Direct Threat Care that is rendered while under attack or in adverse conditions.
- Warm Zone/Indirect Threat Care that is rendered while the threat has been suppressed but may resurface at any point.
- Cold Zone/Evacuation Care that is rendered while the casualty is being evacuated from the incident site.
The 16-hour classroom course includes all new patient simulations and covers the following topics:
- Hemorrhage control including immediate action drills for tourniquet application throughout the course;
- Complete coverage of the MARCH assessment;
- Surgical airway control and needle decompression;
- Strategies for treating wounded responders in threatening environments;
- Caring for pediatric patients;
- Techniques for dragging and carrying victims to safety; and
- A final, mass-casualty/active shooter event simulation.
Upon successful completion of the course, students receive a certificate of completion, a wallet card recognizing them as TECC providers for 4 years, and 16 hours of CAPCE credit.
Instructor: Jeff Morgan, Paramedic
Class dates: December 18 & 19, 2023, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
Location: Anoka Technical College
|12/18/2023 8:30AM – 4:30PM||Anoka Technical College|
|12/19/2023 8:30AM – 4:30PM||Anoka Technical College|