|Register for this Course|
This course will teach you the essential skills for managing the business aspects of a dental practice and becoming an administrative dental assistant. You will build effective communication skills and gain knowledge to assist dentists with organizational duties such as fee collection, banking, and accounts payable. This course is the best way to learn everything you need to know for your new career.
Dental administrator assistant duties typically involve managing medical records, accounts receivable, and reimbursement, as well as billing patients and insurance, scheduling patients, and performing procedural and diagnostic coding. You’ll also learn important foundational skills such as dental terminology and anatomy, as well as written and oral communication skills.
This course provides comprehensive instruction with DENTRIX G4 software, which includes sample practice opportunities. You can also use this software to engage in activities and tasks that you would perform in an actual dental practice and use it to demonstrate your skills. Textbooks are included in the cost of the course. Don’t wait—enroll today and get started on your path to a good salary in a rewarding career!
- The Dental Profession
- Orientation to the Dental Profession: Dental Basics
- Interpersonal and Communication Skills
- Communication Skills and Telephone Techniques
- Written Correspondence
- Patient Relations
- Dental Healthcare Team Communication
- Records Management
- Patient Clinical Records
- Information Management
- Scheduling and Recall Systems
- Dental Patient Scheduling
- Recall Systems
- Dental Insurance Processing
- Financial Management
- Financial Arrangements and Collection Procedures
- Bookkeeping Procedures: Accounts Receivable
- Bookkeeping Procedures: Accounts Payable
- Office Equipment and Inventory
- Inventory Management
- Office Equipment
- Computers in the Dental Office
- Employment Strategies
- This course must be taken on a PC. Macs are not compatible.
- PC: Windows XP or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge is also compatible.
- Adobe Flash Player. Click here to download the Flash Player.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment. The following textbooks will be shipped to you approximately 7-10 business days after enrollment:
- Administrative Dental Assistant
- Student Workbook to Accompany the Administrative Dental Assistant
Additionally, this course will provide you with DENTRIX® software that consists of sample practice opportunities. You can use this software to engage in activities and tasks that you would perform in an actual practice and use it to demonstrate your skills.
You should be proficient in keyboarding, have a basic understanding of a word-processing computer program (Microsoft Word is recommended), and have a command of English grammar and punctuation. No dental office work experience is required.
Cindy Lamkin has been employed in the dental field for over 20 years. She graduated from the University of South Dakota with a degree in dental hygiene and holds Registered Dental Assistant and Registered Dental Hygienist credentials. In addition to practicing clinical hygiene, she has also worked in dental office administration and treatment coordination. Her career includes general dentistry, as well as specialty practices of periodontics, endodontics, pedodontics, and orthodontics.