In the News
Visit the links below to read media coverage on Professional & Workforce Training programs and activities.
Answering the Call
Due to workforce shortages, the National Guard were called up to help care for residents in long-term care facilities across Minnesota. Before being deployed, service members attended nursing assistant training through Professional & Workforce Training to acquire the knowledge and skills to provide excellent care.
- Minnesota National Guard prepares for nursing home deployment – Fox9
- MN Guard Members Learn Nursing Skills at Local Colleges – CTN Coon Rapids
- Minnesota National Guard prepares for long-term care mission – KSTP
- Local colleges provide Certified Nursing Assistant training to National Guard – ABC Newspapers
Next Generation Nursing Assistant Training
We are part of the Next Generation Nursing Assistant by the Governor to train 1000 new CNAs in January by providing free tuition.
- Hundreds of Minnesotans take advantage of state’s tuition-free nursing assistant training – Star Tribune
- Millions Have Quit Their Jobs During The ‘Great Resignation’; But Where Are The Workers Going? – WCCO
Looking to learn more about this new program?
Orientation to the Operating Room
Anoka Technical College’s Professional & Workforce training partnered with Allina Health to create a customized orientation for new operating room registered nurses utilizing AORN’s Periop101 program and our simulated operating room. The model has resulted in better nurse retention to this specialized position and less reliance on temporary nursing staff.