In the News
Visit the links below to read media coverage on Professional & Workforce Training programs and activities.
Answering the Call
Due to workforce shortages, the National Guard were called up to help care for residents in long-term care facilities across Minnesota. Before being deployed, service members attended nursing assistant training through Professional & Workforce Training to acquire the knowledge and skills to provide excellent care.
- Minnesota National Guard prepares for nursing home deployment – Fox9
- MN Guard Members Learn Nursing Skills at Local Colleges – CTN Coon Rapids
- Minnesota National Guard prepares for long-term care mission – KSTP
- Local colleges provide Certified Nursing Assistant training to National Guard – ABC Newspapers
Next Generation Nursing Assistant Training
We are part of the Next Generation Nursing Assistant by the Governor to train 1000 new CNAs in January by providing free tuition.
- Millions Have Quit Their Jobs During The ‘Great Resignation’; But Where Are The Workers Going? – WCCO
Looking to learn more about this new program?