ANOKA-RAMSEY COMMUNITY COLLEGE LEADERSHIP ACADEMY SERIES 2022
Aspire to Lead Certificate Series
This introductory series equips new and emerging leaders with the fundamental skills for building trust and influence, interpersonal communication, training, coaching, and motivating employees – everything you need to step confidently into your leadership role.
This hands-on course delivers maximum content with a minimum time commitment. Skills are developed through group discussion, case studies, self-assessments, on-the-job application, and a weekly one-on-one coaching call with the instructor.
Who Should Attend:
- Managers who haven’t received management skills training previously or who want a refresher
- New managers and supervisors
- Individual Contributors who will be moving into a management position
Series Learning Objectives:
- Make a successful transition to management while gaining respect, trust, and influence
- Effectively communicate up, down, and across the organization
- Train, coach, and develop others for high performance
- Motivate employees to do their best work
Session 1 Title: From Employee to Manager: What You Need to Know
Session 1 Overview:
This session will cover everything you need to know about how to make the move from employee to manager smooth and effective while gaining the respect, influence, and trust of your team, peers, and upper management.
Session 1 Learning Objectives:
- Understanding your new role and responsibilities
- Strategies for managing friends, former peers, and people who have more experience than you
- Dealing with criticism and resentment from your team
- Avoid the common mistakes new managers make
- Identify your natural leadership style
- Discover three basic leadership styles and when to flex to each one
- Understand different levels of authority and how to give more and take more as appropriate
Session 2 Title: Communicate for Results
Session 2 Overview:
Communication is a crucial skill for leadership success. This session focuses on enhancing your communication skills by improving self-awareness, overcoming barriers, improving listening, and managing meetings so you can get better results.
Session 2 Learning Objectives:
- Understand the communication process and common challenges
- Get your point across clearly and assertively to gain the attention, support and respect of others
- The affect of body language on how you are perceived by others
- Develop better listening skills
- Strategies to get buy-in from employees
- Discover the difference between passive, assertive, and aggressive communication
- Provide clear work direction that ensures the job gets done right the first time
- Get more information by asking better questions
- Best practices for meeting management
Session 3 Title: Train, Coach, and Develop Others for High Performance
Session 3 Overview:
Training, coaching, and developing your team takes time but it’s an investment that pays off with happier, more productive employees who will stick around longer. Having a plan provides a framework for consistency that increases accountability.
Session 3 Learning Objectives:
- Keys to successfully onboard and train new team members
- Develop a training plan
- Identify types of performance feedback
- The biggest mistake leaders make when delivering feedback
- Formulas for confidently delivering effective feedback
- Address problem behaviors with confidence
Session 4 Title: Leading Drivers of Employee Motivation
Session 4 Overview:
Success in management depends on understanding what motivates people to do a good job. Demotivated employees produce lower quality work, complete less work, and are more likely to leave. Gain insight into how to motivate people to do their best work.
Session 4 Learning Objectives:
- Get people to want to do what they are supposed to do
- Understand motivational factors
- Conduct an employee motivation analysis
- Create a motivating work environment based on each employees need
- Learn the 3 keys to effective recognition
- Discover how often you should give recognition
Liz Uram is a nationally-recognized speaker and corporate trainer who works with leaders who want to make a bigger impact, get better results, and motivate others to do their best.
Whether she’s training onsite at a client location or speaking at a conference, audiences get practical solutions to everyday leadership challenges they can apply in the real-world. Her stories and examples drive home the lessons and make them stick.
After 20 years of practicing, studying, and teaching leadership skills, she developed systems that work. In fact, she’s written four books packed full of tools to help leaders get real results, real fast.
This training can be customized and delivered at your business site.
Contact Heidi Braun for group rate options.
“I use this leadership academy as my references as to how to manage my people now. All of my HR books have been put away.” – Shalonda Gordon, Stepping Stone
“Well worth it. As many leadership trainings I have attended, I always take away nuggets that will help better me as a person.” – Tony Ingraffia, nVent
“I am thankful to participate in the leadership academy. I liked learning about myself. I have changed how I do my one-on-ones with my team based on the information I learned from these classes.” – Amy Staton, nVent
THIRD PARTY REGISTRATION: Heidi Braun, Director of Training email@example.com