|Register for this Course|
The HAZWOPER 24 hour training program teaches students how to protect workers when in hazardous situations. The program is designed to comply with the extensive federal regulations (29 CFR 1910.120) to ensure the safety and the health of workers. This course also includes the new GHS Hazard Communication standards for labeling, SDS, pictograms, and new requirements.
This Package Contains 2 Courses
- Course Delivery: On Demand
- Duration: 25
- Language: English
- Difficulty: Intermediate
- Audience: Employees exposed to hazardous substances, clean-up, treatment, storage and disposal. Workers involved in an emergency response operation.
At the completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Recognize and recall OSHA regulations and requirements.
- Demonstrate an understanding of Site Characterization.
- Identify the principles of toxicology and how they relate to various types of chemical exposures.
- Describe potentially hazardous situations involving corrosives, solvents, oxidizers, and reactive chemicals.
- Identify the uses for Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and how to choose the correct PPE.
- Recognize the principles of decontamination methods as well as levels of decontamination.
- Define a Medical Surveillance Program and its purpose.
- Recall characteristics of the confined space permit system, such as main confined space atmospheric hazards and types of ventilation.
- Describe the medical concerns associated with confined spaces.
- Indicate the various considerations in an emergency situation and the importance of training and action for personal safety and the safety of others.
The Following Courses Are Included In This Package:
GHS and OSHA Hazardous Communication