ANOKA-RAMSEY COMMUNITY COLLEGE WILL HOLD A LEADERSHIP ACADEMY SERIES—THE LEADER WITHIN
BEGINNING IN JUNE 2021!
Leadership Academy Series:
The Leader Within
This academy builds on the Discover Your Potential Academy in that you will be applying your own leadership skills to lead others to be successful through coaching and mentorship.
Leadership Academy is designed to provide leadership opportunity for career-focused individuals and refine skills which are applicable to their own unique environment. This year, Leadership Academy will explore the fundamentals of Leadership Foundations. Participants will discuss ways of growing in leadership capacity and personalize future goals. Each session offers professional development and goal identification that fits within personal leadership plans.
The program will focus on content that is relevant to the current local workforce; enhancement of critical thinking and problem-solving that help to meet the challenges of our changing and complex world.
“I use this leadership academy as my references as to how to manage my people now. All of my HR books have been put away.” – Shalonda Gordon, Stepping Stone
- Social Networking Opportunities
- Online Platform Available
This program can be customized and delivered at your business site.
Contact Heidi Braun for group rate options.
· Opening Kick-Off Speaker: Chamber president kick-off leadership academy – Invite other community Chamber of Commerce to the kick-off
· Session Kick-Off Speaker: Learn from the experts how communities are changing in the north metroEvery organization is searching for “out of the box” ideas to solve problems. The mind map tool can be used to stimulate creativity for this as well as being used as a project planning tool. Participants will work through historical, personal and work examples using mind mapping. A special module on decision making using a checklist for making critical decisions is also included.
- Learn the best definition of a servant leader
- Understand the principles of servant leadership
- Leading and influencing without authority
- Servant Leadership projects – have local organizations present leadership project ideas. Examples of projects include community service projects, helping local non-profits, or other businesses.
- The project should be one in which a participant of the leadership academy would lead. A project could have multiple deliverables, in which case, multiple people could work on the same project, but each person would lead one deliverable.
- Mind Mapping for Creative Problem Solving and Critical Decision-Making Skills
June 11 and June 18 | 8:30am-12pm | Mental Fitness Using the Neuroscience Gym | Christine Ripley
The relationship we have with ourselves impacts all other relationships. Relationship is more than with other people; it is also with risk, decision making, and uncertainty. During this 2-day session, you will learn the tools to strengthen your mental fitness using the Positive Intelligence model.
- Develop awareness of internal barriers to mental fitness and key messaging
- Learn embodiment technics that can be used in any situation
- Tools to find the gift and strength from your saboteur. Tools to find the gift and strength from your saboteur
June 25 | 8:30am-12:00pm | Stress Management and Reduction | Mike Kiefer
All leaders face tremendous stress and need ideas to handle it. This class will focus on a total approach to stress reduction. Topics will include setting up and modifying your home office, ergonomics, Feng Shui for your home, office, backyard, hobbies, vacations, people that are your stressors, body movement, nutrition, effects of your mindset on your immune system and more! Gain some new skills to help you stay positive, energized and healthy!
July 9 | 8:30am-12:00pm | Virtual Meeting Etiquette | Mary Kay McVey
July 16 | 8:30am-12:00pm | Five Dimensions of Co-active Leadership Christine Ripley
In the October 2020 Just Capital poll Forbes’s noted that corporations are judged now by how they treat those they impact including the environment vs. just their financial outcomes. Collaboration is a key ingredient to those successfully relationships. This session will focus on using a coaching methodology to create a collaborative work environment and life.
- Develop understanding of the coaching model for leaders.
- Finding your leader within story.
- Application for leading from behind, beside, in front and within.
July 23 | 8:30am-12:00pm | Work Ethic and Personal Responsibility | Mike Kiefer
Nothing will undermine team productivity like poor work ethic. Leaders need to be able to identify and deal with common work ethic issues. This session covers over 20 common work ethic offenses including: time theft, material theft, late for work, social media addiction, cell phone issues, attention, negative attitude and more. Participants will learn ideas on how to inspire strong work ethic on their teams and screen out new hires with poor work ethic.
July 30 | 8:30am-12:00pm | Getting to the Root of It | Christine Ripley
Responding to symptoms of a larger issue does not resolve the situation. Lasting change occurs when the root cause of a situation is adjusted. Building on the tools in previous courses this session with discuss methods for finding the root cause for the purpose of positive change.
- Create personal template for root research
- “Yes AND” the gift of true brainstorming
- Take action on key item
August 6 |8:30am-12:00pm | Mind Mapping for Creative Problem Solving and Critical Decision-Making Skills | Mike Kiefer
Every organization is searching for “out of the box” ideas to solve problems. The mind map tool can be used to stimulate creativity for this as well as being used as a project planning tool. Participants will work through historical, personal and work examples using mind mapping. A special module on decision making using a checklist for making critical decisions is also included.
August 13 | 8:30am-12:00pm | Closing | Mary Kay McVey
Participant Materials are provided
“Well worth it. As many leadership trainings I have attended, I always take away nuggets that will help better me as a person.” – Tony Ingraffia, nVent
THE INSTRUCTOR TEAM:
|Mary Kay McVey is a Ph.D. Candidate in Organizational Development and Leadership specializing in leadership and lean principles.||Dr. Mike Monroe Kiefer has a Ph.D. in psychology, is the author of 10 books and has been a professional speaker since 1996.||Christine Ripley is a Certified Coach with expertise in leadership and Positive Intelligences, drawing from her 25+ years of Human Resources and training experience.|
“I am thankful to participate in the leadership academy. I liked learning about myself. I have changed how I do my one-on-ones with my team based on the information I learned from these classes.” – Amy Staton, nVent
THIRD PARTY REGISTRATION:
Heidi Braun, Director of Training