|Register for the July 21-22 Course|
This 16-hour is course is designed to prepare participants to pass State of Minnesota Boiler license examination.
- Basics of thermodynamics and heat transfer
- Boiler design, hot water boilers, steam boilers, piping and valves
- Feedwater, combustion, and draft
- Boiler operation, hazardous operating conditions
- Boiler maintenance and inspections
- High and Low Pressure fundamentals
Dates: (Must attend both dates in a session)
July 21-22 @ 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
MN All License Boiler Prep July 21 & July 22
To sign-up for class, register as a user on the website and add the class to your cart for checkout. THIS CLASS WILL BE HELD IN PERSON.
Instructor: Gordy Nordby
Location: Sprung Services .Inc., 151 Silver Lake Road NW, Suite 110, New Brighton, MN 55112
Sprung is located close to I-694 / I-35W:
– If taking I-694, take the Silver Lake Road exit;
– At the light at the top of the exit turn SOUTH;
– Follow Silver Lake Road approximately one mile (through three lights) and you will see a left hand turn lane into a parking lot situated in front of a tan/taupe colored 2-story business building on the east side of Silver Lake Road. The tan colored building has a large “151” on the top of it. Other landmarks include the Sprung Services white truck and/or a large white marquee alongside Silver Lake Road with all business names listed.
(Hold the control key down and click the link above to shoot over to Google maps)
The office and training room are the last two offices on the left on the main corridor. Once you walk in the front door, keep walking straight ahead and you will see the Sprung Services white signage.
We provide all materials needed for the class. If you would like a reference manual for your own use or to study prior to class, several titles include: “Low Pressure Boilers” , “High Pressure Boilers”, or “Stationary Engineering”, by Frederick Steingress, et al; and “Safe Boiler Operation Fundamentals” by ATP. Please note these resources are not necessary to have for class – they are options for you to study prior to class.
We provide a continental breakfast and afternoon snacks. Lunch is on your own and there are several restaurants in the neighborhood. A restaurant map is included in your class materials. If you would like to bring your lunch, you are welcome to do so as well.
1) If you are not able to attend this class, please let me know as soon as possible!
2) The actual boiler operator licensing exam is NOT given at the end of this class. Please contact the Dept. of Labor & Industry Boiler Division at 651.284.5802 or go to http://www.doli.state.mn.us/CCLD/Boiler.asp to complete the state’s exam application and get approval to sit for the state proctored exam. It is suggested to get your licensing exam approval and confirmation in order to schedule and reserve a seat at one of the State’s licensing exam locations as close to the class dates as possible.
If there are any questions, please do not hesitate to call.