- Duration: 24 hours
Our Fall Arrest Systems course sets forth those requirements and criteria for fall protection in construction workplaces covered under 29 CFR part 1926. It is important to note that the provisions of this subpart do not apply to employees making an inspection, investigation, or assessment of workplace conditions prior to the actual start of construction work or after all construction work has been completed. This course is for: “Superintendents “Foremen “Safety Coordinators and Directors “Competent persons
Upon completion of this course, you should:
– Know the height requirements for use of a safety harness and fall restraint system in general construction and steel erection
– Understand restrictions for working near unprotected leading edges
– Be able to explain and demonstrate the proper uses of a body harness
– Know when and how safety nets should be used
– Know when and how guardrail systems should be used
– Understand special requirements for working on scaffolding
– Identify the elements of a fall arrest system and explain their use and role
– Understand the importance of load testing in relation to safety nets, body harnesses, guardrails, toeboards, and the various parts of a fall restraint system
End of Course Instructions
Upon successful completion of the course, you will be able to print a certificate of completion from your training page.
All quizzes require a score of 70% to proceed forward in the course.
The final exam requires a minimum score of 70% to receive a certificate of completion.