|Sign up for the Course Interest List|
This 8-week course provides participants with a solid foundation in the basic skills of math, shop algebra and geometry. Math instruction will include fundamentals of math, fractions and decimals, units of measure, lines and angles, triangles, shop geometry, circles and polygons, shop algebra and the Pythagorean Theorem.
- Solve practical problems in all topic areas
- Demonstrate and apply critical thinking skills to solve a variety of problems
- Utilize a systematic approach to problem solving
- Exhibit the use of a scientific calculator
- Demonstrate effective use of resources including faculty, reference materials, industry sources, and the Internet
- Demonstrate the ability to work online and be self-motivated to meet deadlines for assignments and tests
This course meets live each week in a virtual classroom using video conferencing technology where the instructor and students can all see and hear each other. In addition, assignments and course content will be provided to students in an online learning management portal (D2L) to complete outside of the live class times.
About the Instructor:
Jerry Musielewicz is an adjunct instructor and curriculum developer for Minnesota State colleges, an authorized OSHA 10 and 30 hour instructor, and a certified MSSC instructor. Jerry is a former engineering manager with extensive knowledge in the manufacturing industry. He has taught Live Online courses for over 4 years, including safety, print reading, maintenance awareness, technical math, manufacturing production and processes, and quality practices.
Credits: 3 credits or non-credit
- High-speed Internet Access
- Computer or video conferencing system with webcam and microphone (built-in or external)
- Student must complete ACCUPLACER testing if taking for credit, contact your college representative for more information
- Casio fx-115MS scientific calculator with fraction key
Note: Please connect to class with a computer OR print out lessons from D2L in order to follow along in class.
Class Attendance Policy:
A student is allowed two(2) absences. A third(3rd) absence will result in a letter grade of C at the highest. Any additional absences will result in withdrawal from the course without a refund.
Bring to Class:
Click here to download the Student Manual. This manual contains important information on how to access your live virtual classroom, textbooks and materials you will need for class, and other pertinent information that you should review prior to the first class. Virtual classroom connection information will be emailed to each student approximately 7 – 10 days prior to the course start date.
Time: 11:00 AM
Registration Cutoff Date: