- Duration: 16 hours
This course meets the requirements for 16 hours of Board approved continuing education for renewal of all electrician licenses by the Minnesota State Board of Electricity. The course emphasizes topics of field interest including: wire size and load, boxes, lighting and motor requirements, and hazardous locations, according to the State Board’s interpretation of the 2020 code. Please bring the 2020 code book to class.
Please note: Electricians needing only 8 hours of continuing education may take the first half or the last half of this course by arrangement with Professional & Workforce Training at Anoka Technical College.
Bring to Class:
2020 Code Book
Please make sure you are ready to login prior to that time.
- An email will arrive from the instructor 5 – 10 minutes before class inviting you to a “Zoom” link. The instructor will also send you a link to any handouts that you will need from his Dropbox account.
- Click on the link and follow instructions. The software loads easily. You will need a computer with a camera, speakers and microphone. Most laptops have that built in.
- Make sure you can hear and see the instructor and he will do the same for you.
- The instructor has prepared Webinar Instructions.
Certification: NEC Code Update
Day(s): M, Tu
Time: 8:00 AM
Instructor: Art Fedie
Registration Cutoff Date: 10/15/2020
Upcoming Dates & Times:
|10/19/2020 8:00AM – 4:30PM||Webinar|
|10/20/2020 8:00AM – 4:30PM||Webinar|
Classes will be held on Zoom platformUsing Zoom Video Conferencing
- Getting Started with Zoom:
- You are required to use Zoom in this course, so take the time to familiarize yourself with it by thoroughly reading all of the materials and the step-by-step instructions found here.
- You will access your Zoom meeting space in one of two ways:
- Log in via the app after you have followed the instructions to initially download, install, and login. Then enter the meeting number provided by your instructor at the time set for the meeting.
- Copy and paste the URL (or click on the web link) provided by your instructor at the time specified for the meeting. Launch the app (after initially downloading, installing, and logging in), and you will enter the meeting immediately.
- You may choose to use Zoom on your mobile device (phone or tablet).