|Sign up for the Course Interest List|
This course focuses primarily on giving students hands on press brake training and is designed to give Individuals an introduction to sheet metal forming, and insight into to the process used to create precision sheet metal products. In addition, this course will cover basic blueprint reading, shop math, proper use of measuring tools, and provide a heavy concentration on shop safety.
• To introduce students to the use of the press brake, and to use acceptable safety and quality practices used in the industry.
• To introduce students to basic blue print reading used in the sheet metal industry.
• To show students measuring tools and how to properly use them.
• To introduce students to shop safety and the importance of using PPE.
• Machine Safety.
• Part quality.
• Measuring tools.
• Material types and identification.
• Basic blue print reading.
• Proper machine set up and adjustments.
• How to determine correct forming sequence, choose the correct to tooling.
Press Brake Objectives:
• How to set up and run a press brake safely. Recognizing pinch points, use of safety laser light curtain.
• How to safely remove and install tooling.
• To properly turn the machine on and off correctly.
• How to create a program and make adjustments.
Anoka Technical College
1355 West Hwy 10
Anoka, MN 55303